Dienstag, 11. Juni 2013

The flood 2013

I am sorry for posting so not regularly.
A lot of things came up in the past weeks, mostly studying for my last exams, and then, last week the big flood in germany arrives at my location, Magdeburg.

Finally it is getting summery here and than such a worse case scenario overshadows it. Luckily I personally wasn't affected by the flood (although I live rather near the river) but thousands of people were. Some parts of Magdeburg had been evacuated or had no electricity. The news continuously state which parts of the city are newly affected or which water-blockade gave in. A lot of streets are blocked by water, some trams aren't running anymore. Every ten minutes, even at night, goes sirenes from police or rescuecars. A helicopter can be heared circeling over us. Someone I know accurately related to as  "It's like war in here."

I made a view pictures for you (taken on friday, it's gotten worse on saturday)





barrages were built
"Petriförder"
quite some tourist attraction...
Now the flood is finally backing down but it will cost a lot of time and work to get everything back to normal...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen